- Massachusetts woman had reportedly been walking in the middle of the road, attempting to flag down cars.
- The female was drinking a beer when officers located her and had five more cans of beer in a bag.
- The 42-year-old woman repeatedly called the officer a redneck and said the officer didn't know who he was "messing with."
- The self-identified "Yankee girl" also mocked Georgia's "guns everywhere" law while enroute to the jail.
A Massachusetts woman who was looking for a ride home instead ended up getting a ride to jail after an April 29 encounter with Gwinnett County Police.
GCPD officers were dispatched to the area of Hamilton Mill Parkway and Braselton Highway in Dacula just before 11 p.m. after multiple callers reported a woman walking in the roadway. One caller said the female, later identified as Tracy Peterson, 42, of Williamstown, Mass., had "jumped out in front of her vehicle."
Officers located Peterson sitting on the sidewalk with her legs and feet in the roadway.
"I asked her if she was in the middle of the roadway," one of the officers recounted in the report. "She stated, 'Yeah, I was in the middle of the road trying to stop cars so they would give me a ride!"
The officer advised Peterson of the dangers of standing in the middle of the road trying to stop traffic on a busy highway, especially while drinking.
"Peterson stated she did not care if someone hit her or not, she just wanted a ride home," the officer noted.
The officer then asked Peterson if he and the other officer could give her a ride home.
"I explained that I couldn't continue to let her walk home due to her being inebriated and already proving to be a street hazard," the officer wrote in the report. "At that time, Peterson called me a 'redneck' and stated I 'couldn't do anything about it anyways'."
Peterson was subsequently placed under arrest for disorderly conduct. One of the officers then poured out all of Peterson's beer, to which she responded "You owe me a 6-pack."
On the way to the jail, Peterson continued to insist she had done nothing wrong. She reportedly said her family members were cops and "were going to get her out of trouble." She then allegedly called the officer a "Georgia redneck" again and said she was a "Yankee girl" and the officer didn't know who he was "messing with."
"At one point, Peterson stated 'Cops and everyone else can walk around with guns here and I get arrested for drinking a beer. Maybe I should have had a gun instead of that beer'," the officer wrote. "I asked Peterson to repeat what she said and she stated, 'I did nothing wrong!' "
Peterson was booked into the jail on a single count of disorderly conduct. She was released the following day on a $125 cash bond.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Northern Gwinnett County Police Blotter: Vandalism Caught on Video
- Northern Gwinnett County Police Blotter: Woman Tracks Down Stolen iPhone
- Victoria's Secret Employee Accused of Giving Unauthorized Discounts
- Florida Couple on 'Umbrella Run' Facing Multiple Drug Charges
- Arrestee Claims He Planned to Sell Half-Kilo of Meth to Provide for Family
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.