According to the woman, she and her boyfriend -- a 33-year-old Winder man -- had been drinking alcohol at a park near Lake Lanier. The couple left the park in the boyfriend's truck and began arguing because the boyfriend was reportedly driving 80 miles an hour on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard.
The girlfriend told police her boyfriend spit in her face, so she spat in his face and they continued to argue. He then pulled into the Shell gas station on Buford Highway where he allegedly grabbed her hair and punched her in the face and shoulder. Two people witnessed part of the argument and said they saw the boyfriend strike the Buford woman
The girlfriend said she tried to get out of the vehicle at the gas station but her boyfriend would not let her, so she yelled for someone to call 911.
The woman complained of pain to her face and shoulder and was subsequently transported to Northside Hospital.
The officer obtained a warrant for the Winder's man arrest on a charge of simple battery.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Wallet Falls Into the Wrong Hands
- Man Described as 'Not All There' Arrested at Park
- Man Makes Cop Million-Dollar Offer
- 'Yankee Girl' Calls Cop a 'Georgia Redneck,' Mocks New Gun Law
- Vandalism Caught on Video
- Victoria's Secret Employee Accused of Giving Unauthorized Discounts
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.