A 53-year-old Lawrenceville woman said she listed her vehicle for sale on Craigslist for $3,500. A female subsequently contacted her regarding purchasing the vehicle.
The two women met at a church in the 2000 block of Braselton Highway. The would-be buyer, described as a black female, approximately 5-foot-3 weighing 115 pounds with brown eyes and tattoos on her right shoulder, gave the Lawrenceville woman a Bank of America money order in the amount of $3,500 and left with the vehicle.
The Lawrenceville woman later learned the money order was fraudulent.
The silver 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis (license plate BPU8042) had approximately 187,000 miles on it and was in good condition according to the Lawrenceville woman. The Kelly Blue Book value for the vehicle is $3,564.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Five Charged in Connection With Fatal Accident in Buford
- Police Blotter: Bicyclists Run Off Roadway by Skinny Male With Rotten Teeth
- Wallet Falls Into the Wrong Hands
- Man Described as 'Not All There' Arrested at Park
- Man Makes Cop Million-Dollar Offer
- 'Yankee Girl' Calls Cop a 'Georgia Redneck,' Mocks New Gun Law
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.