"Firefighters made a good stop on the forward progress of the fire, but not before it caused heavy damage to the home," said Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services Public Information Officer Capt. Tommy Rutledge in a released statement.
Have a comment? Leave a reply below (no registration required).
You might also be interested in reading:
- Fire Official: 'We Are Fortunate the Family Was Able to Escape Unharmed'
- Gwinnett Fire and Emergency Services Holds Promotional Ceremony
- Four Injured in Vehicle Accident at Hwy. 316 and Harbins Road
- Popping Sound Alerts Sugar Hill Family to Fire
- Commissioners Approve Contract for Fire Academy Expansion
- Gwinnett Firefighters Rescue Man Injured While Working on Cell Tower
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.