According to Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services public information officer Capt. Tommy Rutledge, a fire engine traveling on I-85 southbound rolled up on an accident that had occurred moments earlier just south of Buford Drive (Mall of Georgia exit).
Three vehicles, including a work truck that had rolled over, were involved in the June 6 collision.
"The truck was carrying cabinet installation materials, including a large box of assorted screws," Rutledge explained. "The screws scattered across the roadway, from median to the guardrail."
Southbound lanes of I-85 were closed in order for the DOT to clear the debris from the roadway.
Georgia State Patrol is handling the accident investigation.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Lightning Hits Gas Line, Travels Inside Buford Home
- 50-Year-Old Man Injured When Tree Falls on Vehicle
- Firefighters to Be Issued Body Armor to Wear During 'Violent' Situations
- Tractor Trailer Accident Closes Northbound Lanes of I-85
- Lightning Strikes Home, Officials Advise Citizens to Be Alert During Storms
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.