Gwinnett County Police were called to Michael's, located at 1705 Mall of Georgia Boulevard, just after 3:30 p.m. on June 1.
The cashier said the suspect approached the register and placed a pack of scissors on the counter. When the cashier asked if the man had found everything he needed, he reportedly replied, "Yes, except for this" and placed a note on the counter.
"The paper had a threat on it that told the witness not to scream or he would shoot the witness and to put to money in the bag," the officer noted in the incident report.
Video surveillance of the incident shows the suspect enter the store at 3:18 p.m. and exit at 3:32 p.m. The suspect is described as a black male, 25-30 years of age, approximately 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 weighing roughly 165 pounds. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing baggy blue jeans, a button-down yellow and black plaid shirt, a pair of "dirty-looking" boots and a maroon or dark red baseball cap.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Firefighters to Be Issued Body Armor to Wear During 'Violent' Situations
- 50-Year-Old Man Injured When Tree Falls on Vehicle
- Police Blotter: Woman Warns Parents Their Kids Will Grow up to Be Strippers
- Gwinnett Police Investigating Homicide in Hoschton Subdivision
- Georgia State Patrol Chase Ends in Crash, Foot Pursuit in Buford
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.