Since March 3, students in all grades have attended school for an additional 30 minutes each day in an effort to make up the hours of instruction lost as a result of winter weather earlier this year.
The school system used its three built-in snow days and opted to make up the rest of the time by extending the school day by half an hour for 48 days. The last extended school day will be May 14.
In announcing the plans in February, GCPS Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks said the addition of 30 minutes to the school day was the least disruptive way to make up the equivalent of four instructional days.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Dacula, Mill Creek High School Seniors Honored as Georgia Scholars
- Local Students Named 2014 Gates Millennium Scholars
- NASA Fellowship Recipient From Dacula Studying Radiation in Space
- Dacula Middle Evacuated Due to Faulty Fire Sensor
- Mill Creek Team Takes the Checkered Flag at Electrathon Race
- Dacula Middle Principal: Bomb Threat Has Spurred Copycat Incidents
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.