Solid driving by junior T.J. Blanchette and senior Lisa Reed along with good engineering by the Mill Creek High School Electrathon team resulted in a first place finish for the Hawks during the April 19 Electrathon America race at Forsyth Central High School in Cumming, Ga.
"They did phenomenally, winning both races handily," said Mill Creek teacher and Electrathon team advisor Glenn Burrows.
Electrathon vehicles are student-built, battery-powered vehicles. Some of the Mill Creek team members have spent as much as 36 hours of their own time after school since February designing and building a new electric race car and refining the one used in Saturday's race.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Dacula Middle Principal: Bomb Threat Has Spurred Copycat Incidents
- New 'Idol' Crowned at Mill Creek High School
- 'Kiss a Llama' Event Raises Hundreds of Dollars for Relay for Life
- Lanier High School Teacher Honored for Computer Education Efforts
- Osborne Students Earn Top Marks on State Writing Test
- Top Gwinnett Career and Technical Education Students Honored
Do you have school news you would like to share on NGwinnett.com? Let us know.