On June 9, a Gwinnett County Police officer was dispatched to the area of Rock Elm Drive and Rock Elm Court in Auburn regarding marijuana being grown in the woods.
The anonymous caller instructed police to look for a white bucket three feet off the roadway and to follow a defined trail 20 feet into the woodline. According to the caller, the trail led to a picnic table with a marijuana plant growing in a bucket.
The officer followed the tipster's instructions and located an open area containing two white plastic tables, three gray chairs, a bag of potting soil, two boxes of empty beer cans and one marijuana plant in a black flower pot near the tables.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Bank Robbery Suspect Shot, Officer Injured
- Police Release Photos of Buford Robbery Suspects
- Police Blotter: Robber Tells Store Clerk 'Keep Calm. We Do This All the Time'
- Sheriff's Office: 'Got a Pesky Neighbor? Or an Ex That Did You Wrong?'
- Woman Says Man Exposed Himself to Her at Mall
- Phone Use During X-Men Movie Leads to Purse-Swinging Altercation
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.