The Dillard's loss prevention officer reportedly saw a man take two pairs of Nike shorts, remove the tags, then conceal the items in his pants. The loss prevention officer followed the male past all points of sale and out of the store. Upon exiting the store, the shoplifting suspect ran toward a black Nissan Sentra and got in the driver's seat. The loss prevention officer pursued the man and was attempting to obtain the tag number of the vehicle when the shoplifting suspect allegedly put the vehicle in reverse and "violently depressed the accelerator."
The loss prevention officer said the vehicle ran over his right foot causing him to go to the ground. He was also reportedly struck in the arm by the bumper. Gwinnett police noted the loss prevention officer had swelling and redness on both his arm and leg but did not think anything was broken.
The loss prevention officer provided police with the tag number of the suspect vehicle. The case is listed as active.
Have a comment? Leave a reply below (no registration required).
You might also be interested in reading:
- Woman Found With Meth in 'Crotch Area'
- Dacula Man Blamed in Crash That Shut Down All Lanes of I-75 Northbound
- Man Says He Was Punched in the Face and Doesn't Know Why
- Nanny Claims She Was Threatened During Theater Dispute
- Police Blotter: Man Claims Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend Pointed a Gun at Him
- More Car Break-ins Reported at Area Parks
- Police Blotter: Vandals Go on a 'Rampage' in Hamilton Mill
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.