A survey released by the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) indicates nearly three in 10 adults do not spend time outside on a daily basis and half of those that do spend less than 30 minutes outdoors.
During the month of July, Gwinnett Parks and Recreation invites area residents to post photos of themselves doing typical inside activities outside on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #JulyOUTisIN.
For a listing of local activities planned for National Park and Recreation Month, visit the Gwinnett Parks website.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Veterans to Live in Homes in Two Dacula Parks
- Grand Opening Date Set for New Playground, Disc Golf Course
- Dacula Event Helps Raise Funds for Parks Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Harbins, Little Mulberry Park Trails Added to National Trail System
- County Commissioners Accept $25,000 Donation for Park Playground
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.