According to the Georgia State Patrol, a trooper attempted to stop Harold Stephenson Cochran, 31, for speeding on I-85 northbound. Cochran did not stop and the trooper pursued him onto Buford Drive.
The pursuit ended when Cochran hit a curb and wrecked his vehicle near the intersection of Buford Drive and Gravel Springs Road. Cochran fled on foot but was apprehended and transported to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment of injuries sustained in the collision.
Cochran was later booked into the Gwinnett County Jail on charges of speeding, improper lane change, failure to maintain lane, fleeing or attempting to elude, failure to wear a seatbelt, failure to have license on person, reckless driving, failure to obey a traffic control device and passing on the shoulder of a roadway. He is also being held for another agency.
- Police Blotter: Man Asks Woman to Hide Meth in Private Parts
- Police Investigating Several Buford Business Burglaries
- Marijuana Grow Room Found at Dacula Residence
- Arrest Warrant Issued in Connection With 2008 Sugar Hill Homicide
- Police Blotter: Cash, Cellphone Take During Buford Armed Robbery
- Woman Attempts to Sell Vehicle on Craigslist, Gets Swindled
- Five Charged in Connection With Fatal Accident in Buford
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.