Firefighters were dispatched to the three-vehicle accident shortly after 1 p.m. Upon arrival, crews found two elderly patients still inside one of the vehicles. Those patients were extricated and treated along with two other patients.
According to Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services Public Information Officer Capt. Tommy Rutledge, two of the patients had critical injuries, two had minor injuries. Three of the four were transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and the other released at the scene.
"The scene was turned over to Gwinnett Police AIU for further investigation," Rutledge added.
- Popping Sound Alerts Sugar Hill Family to Fire
- Commissioners Approve Contract for Fire Academy Expansion
- Gwinnett Firefighters Rescue Man Injured While Working on Cell Tower
- Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials Likely Cause of House Fire
- Screws Scattered Across I-85 During Three-Vehicle Accident
- Lightning Hits Gas Line, Travels Inside Buford Home
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.