According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Roger James Carlin was traveling northbound in a 2006 Ford Econoline van on CR 579 just before 9 p.m. on April 27 when he stopped to turn left onto Joe Ebert Road. Joshua Tonry, 23, of Tampa, Fla. was traveling southbound on CR 579 on a 2011 Honda motorcycle.
"Carlin started to turn left and entered the path of Tonry," the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office public information officer explained in a press release. "Tonry applied the brakes on the motorcycle and slid into the van.
Tonry sustained fatal injuries in the accident. Carlin was uninjured.
- Florida Couple on 'Umbrella Run' Facing Multiple Drug Charges
- Arrestee Claims He Planned to Sell Half-Kilo of Meth to Provide for Family
- Northern Gwinnett County Police Blotter: April 25
- Northern Gwinnett County Police Blotter: April 22
- Police Investigate Possible Burglary Attempt at Dacula Jewelry Store
- Armed Robbers Enter Dacula Home, Demand Drugs
Follow NGwinnett.com on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.