Several northern Gwinnett County road projects are among those in the top tier of recommendations made by the Citizens Project Selection Committee (CPSC), a committee tasked to review and prioritize prospective projects for SPLOST funding.
The CPSC presented their recommendations to the BOC on April 1, 2014. Projects listed in the top tier include:
- Improvements to the intersection at Braselton Highway and Gravel Springs Road.
- Alignment of Sardis Church Road at Doc Hughes Road in Buford.
Recommended city/county projects include:
- Safety and alignment improvements on South Bogan Road from Buford Drive to Kilgore Road.
- Improvements on Buford Drive from South Lee Street to Buford Highway.
- Road reclamation in Auburn.
- Several sidewalk projects in Dacula.
The 2014 SPLOST referendum was held in November 2013. Collections for the three-year, 1 percent sales tax began on April 1, 2014. The SPLOST is expected to generate close to $500 million in revenue over its lifespan. For more information, see the 2014 Gwinnett SPLOST fact sheet or visit the Gwinnett County SPLOST page.