A bill which will allow the City of Dacula to legislatively annex 75 acres along Winder Highway is on its way to becoming law.
HB 999 passed in the Georgia House on Feb. 21 and the Georgia Senate on March 12. The bill is now awaiting signature by Gov. Nathan Deal. In the absence of a signature, Dacula Mayor Jimmy Wilbanks said the bill will automatically go into effect on June 1, 2014.
On Feb. 19, affected property owners met at Dacula City Hall to learn more about the annexation. During that meeting, city officials announced their intent to rezone most of the annexed properties as commercial. In total, the city plans to zone 70.15 of the 75 acres as C-2 (general business district) and 4.87 as M-1 (light industrial) once the annexation is official.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Council Moves Forward With Dacula City Hall Expansion
- Dacula Mayor: 'We're Not Building the Taj Mahal'
- City of Dacula Targets Five Areas for Sidewalk Projects
- Property Owners Weigh in on Proposed Annexation by City of Dacula
- Charts Show Buford Gas Rates Compared to Deregulated Providers
- Dacula Retail Development Request Moves Forward
Get northern Gwinnett news and events in your inbox twice a week. Click here to sign up for the free NGwinnett.com email newsletter.