The resident said he and a friend were on his back deck at approximately 11:15 p.m. when they heard what sounded like a child screaming "Mommy" in the woods.
Officers checked the surrounding homes, but none of the nearby residents reported anyone missing. Officers, including a K-9 unit, conducted a search of the woodline. The Gwinnett County Police aviation unit was also dispatched to search by air.
No voices, cries for help or other suspicious activity were encountered during the approximately 90-minute search. According to the incident report, there were no other suspicious activity calls and no missing persons reports in the area.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Burglary Suspects Now Facing Gang Act Charge
- Police Use Helicopter to Search for Burglary Suspects in Hamilton Mill
- Burglary Victim: 'They Went Through the Whole House'
- Gun-Toting Robber Strikes at Buford Grocery Store
- Police Release Photos of Buford Bank Robbery Suspect
Get northern Gwinnett news and events in your inbox twice a week. Click here to sign up for the free NGwinnett.com email newsletter.