The three men arrested in connection with an April 2 burglary in Hamilton Mill are now facing an additional charge of violating Georgia's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.
Gang members have been implicated in criminal activity in the Hamilton Mill area previously. In June of 2013, police were called to 3600 Jim Moore Road -- the same home at which Gonsalves, Rouse and Lewis were arrested on April 3 -- in response to a report of shots fired. An 18-year-old Buford teen informed police the man who had fired at him was a member of the "Top Rank Goons." Four members of the TRG gang were arrested in October of last year. In addition to the incident at the Jim Moore Road home, the men were also implicated in a fight with members of a rival gang at a Buford apartment complex.
UPDATE: As of 6:20 p.m. on April 4, Rouse remained in the Gwinnett County Jail. Lewis was released at 4:59 p.m. on April 4 on a $2,950 bond. Gonsalves was released at 5:55 p.m. on a $5,700 bond.
- Police Use Helicopter to Search for Burglary Suspects in Hamilton Mill
- Burglary Victim: 'They Went Through the Whole House'
- Gun-Toting Robber Strikes at Buford Grocery Store
- Police Release Photos of Buford Bank Robbery Suspect
- Would-Be Bank Robber Passes Suspicious Package to Teller
Get northern Gwinnett news and events in your inbox twice a week. Click here to sign up for the free NGwinnett.com email newsletter.